Monday, May 11, 2009

Dyna Makeover FINAL


OK well Dyna "2" was completed this past weekend and I am very happy with the results. Took it out on a short road trip up to Plymouth to shake things down a bit and thats exactly what happened. All was good until about 10 miles from home when the brand new billet shifter pedal fell off the bike as I was turning into a parking lot. Oh well S-hit happens!

Then after that I come to find out that the rear caliper is leaking fluid. I tried tightening it over and over again but to no avail. It was obviously a product issue and Wilwood and their suppliers were happy to help me out.

The bike doesn't handle much different with the additional 6 degree rake and 4" overstock extension on the front. But it sure feels different looking over the front end, the whole bike just feels a bit bigger.

So a few more parts need some work and I need to get the gauges and windvest installed, but otherwise all seems ok at this point.

Heres some pics: (Click below, then click on Slideshow)



  1. With this one, it seems another pass-thru should be done on the bike since NOT everything worked out.

  2. The final pass worked out great. We did a ride thru Colorado after the build and the bike ran perfect for over 3000 miles. The new design on the front end actually made for a more comfortable ride. The brackets for the rack had to be re-designed, but that was a small issue.